8.9.13

DIARY - Amsterdam


A bit later than promised, but here it is: my Amsterdam photo diary! My mum and I started our day deliciously with lemon meringue pie at a new favorite place of mine: De Drie Graefjes. It's right in the city centre, but secretly hidden away in an alley, so you won't be sitting among loads of tourists. Our next stop was photo museum Foam which always exhibits great photography; this time we went back in time to the twenties with photographer Edward Steichen. He mostly took portraits of high society people in the Roaring Twenties, my all-time favorite decade! During the afternoon my mum and I walked to the Rijksmuseum gardens and had a drink and a popsicle - which of course instantly melted in my hands whereupon I managed to smudge it all over my face and dress, not the most charming sight haha. Of course we couldn't pass the huge Iamsterdam sign without taking some photos! I never get bored of Amsterdam, it's such an energetic city with something for everyone! Meanwhile I have started my first year at the University of Utrecht. It's both exciting and nerve-wrecking with moments of fun as well as moments of homesickness. And of course I will keep on blogging the best I can! Love Aimee

De Drie Graefjes
Eggertstraat 1
Rokin 128

Foam
Keizergracht 609

Rijksmuseum gardens & Iamsterdam sign
Museumplein

6 comments:

  1. Super leuk! Lekker toeristje in eigen land gespeeld zo te zien, haha!

    Liefs Judith
    www.myownvogueworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wauwie moooooie foto's! Amsterdam is fijn :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super mooie foto's! Echt leuk om te zien en lezen ook :) Liefs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wauw, mooie foto's! Ik hou van Amsterdam :) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Echt hele leuke foto's! Amsterdam is een gave stad :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile :)